Monday, December 29, 2008

Cox Family Christmas Party


Well, the most anticipated event of the year has happened and no one got hurt. Yep, I am talking about the family Christmas party. Don't tell me I am the only one that looks forward to every year. (OK for the past 2 years for me.) I think I was most excited to finally figure out what Grandma Cox had up her sleeve. And what a beautiful and precious memory that her children and grandchildren will cherish for the rest of their lives. But, I also want Grandma to know that it also touched the granddaughter in laws and I am sure alot of other members of the family. I know what an integral part of the family that Grandpa Cox was and I hate the fact that I never got to meet him so I loved getting to read all the clues and know little tidbits of his life. I also know that I will get the chance to meet him one day and it will be like I have known him my whole life. And I can't wait until my kids get old enough that Bryce can tell stories about Grandpa to our kids. So, the gift exchange began and the fun started! I got a signed picture of Josh lounging on the beach in a wetsuit. I tried my hardest to get someone to steal it from me, but nobody would. Which ended up being a good thing. Rick and Sharon started with the fertility shield, which was pretty funny. But, Lili had a mission that night and it was to have the fertility shield in her hand when she left that night. And of course she did! Poor Aunt Lorrie and Uncle Ed got the sausage made from wild animals and Ashley had the colon cleanse. But, the most fought over gift was Aunt Lorrie's homemade dinner. Boy, I thought that Uncle Rich, Uncle Joe, and Aunt Deby were going to fight over that one!! In the end, the Bisnett's won a free dinner from Aunt Lorrie. Another hot commodity for the night were the John Deere silverware set. But, alas Aunt Deby and Andy ended up with the silverware. I guess I should tell y'all about Josh's picture. When the gift exchange was over, Aunt Lyn said to me, "Jodie I know you think this gift is worthless, but there is more to it than you think." So, when she said that to me I took the picture frame and opened the back and there were 5 $10 bills in there. I immediately started crying because at that moment I felt like the biggest jerk in the world. I cannot tell you how much that meant to me. I truly know that Heavenly Father is watching over us and had is hand in that. And I want Josh to know that his picture is sitting by our TV. I haven't had an oppurtunity to hang it on the wall yet because Bryce has been working the past several days, but it is up and everytime we watch TV we think of you. So, again I want to say thank you to Josh. You are a wonderful person with a big heart!!

No comments: