Monday, December 8, 2008

What I Want (Ok what I NEED) For Christmas!


I am a little embarrassed to post this, but figured some of y'all would get a laugh out of it. So, me being the brave mom that I am (ha ha) decided to take the kids to Tri Cities today to get their Christmas pictures taking. Boy, that was the first mistake I made of the day! Cooper so did not cooperate. He refused to sit by Sara, touch Sara, or be in a picture by himself. However, when we went and saw Santa, Cooper sat beside Santa and loved it the whole time. Stinker! Anyways, as we were heading home I decided to stop by Wendy's to get us some lunch since we hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. Well, this has only been the 2nd or 3rd time that I have driven to Tri Cities by myself. I am usually with someone else. So, therefor I don't pay attention to where I am going. So, after leaving Wendy's I got back on the freeway. What I didn't know was that I immediately needed to take the next exit to the right. Of course, I figured that out as soon as I passed it. So, then I wasn't sure if I should take the next exit or keep going in case I would eventually find my way back. I then decided I should probably call someone. So, I called Drew. I didn't want to call Bryce and tell him that I had gotten lost since he was at work. (Besides he might not let me go shopping on my own anymore.) Well, Drew couldn't help me. So, thank goodness Rick was there. He tells me some directions and I do as he says. Well, he misunderstood what I said and sent me on my way towards Seattle. I ended up calling him back telling him that the road he told me that I would run into I did not find yet. So, instead I ended up taking the Umatilla/Pendelton exit. So, to make a long story short I got to see some HUGE houses in Richland (I believe) and after going 30 minutes out of the way eventually found my way home. So, I want a Garmin for Christmas. If I had a GPS system all I would have had to do was punch in my address and it would have taken me home. So, the next time any of y'all see Bryce be sure to let him know what to get me for Christmas!

4 comments:

Going Family said...

You're allowed to get lost at least once, Jodie. But after that, then we will laugh. Doesn't Chris have a story about trying to get home from Tri-Cities? Congrats for doing something new and by yourself!

AOlson said...

Okay, so I am OFFICIALLY upset with you for the first time! LOL. Gee, wouldn't it have been nice if, oh I don't know, you knew someone, perhaps a RELATIVE, who just happened to live in the Tri-Cities, that could have given you really good directions, considering the fact that she has lives in the Tri-Cities for 13 YEARS!?!? That would have been SO helpful!! Ha Ha. NEXT TIME CALL ME!!

P.S. I hope you had a good time in Tri-Cities, besides getting lost:)

Jodie said...

Amy, I would have called you except I didn't have your phone number with me. It is still on the Cox family list that I haven't printed off the computer.

Cox Family News said...

Cute Pictures! You are so brave to take your kids to tri cities by yourself -and especially because you hadn't driven there before. I'm so proud of you!
Aunt Lorrie