Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jon & Kate


I am sure by now that everyone (or most everyone) knows who Jon and Kate are. If you don't know who they are,then I want to know what rock you have been living under? Just kidding! Anyways, I remember when their show first started. I loved to watch the way Kate and Jon handled life with 8 little ones. As the show has gained popularity, as well as the parents, it lost most of its appeal to me. I couldn't stand the way that Kate treated Jon. She talked to him like he was just one of her kids. So, with all of the hoopla surrounding them and their show in the past several months, I was anxious to watch the season premiere Monday night.

TLC made sure to capitalize their profits on the marriage troubles that Jon and Kate are having. It is kind of disgusting. Anyways, in my humble opinion, Jon didn't seem all that remorseful for the way his actions have affected his life, his children's life and his marriage. And for once, Kate actually showed a little bit of emotion when she talked about the struggles that have been going on the past 6 months or so. Now, I know that you can't always believe what you hear, but there is some pretty good evidence out there about Jon and his infidelity. Honestly, I don't care what they do, but to put their children in the line of fire is just wrong. Maddie and Cara (who are 8) are old enough to read tabloids or the Internet. I just wonder how long it is going to be before they start asking their parents some pretty hard questions. When Kate was doing her interview, she made the comment that she has to work (promoting her new book and speaking engagements). She said that for the first time one of her kids called her by the babysitters name. I'm sorry, but if one of kids called me the babysitters name, I would totally re-evaluate my life.

On the episode Monday night, they were having the sextuplets 5th birthday party. Even me as a viewer could feel the tension between Jon and Kate. I just don't know how their children could not feel the tension between their parents. It was also sad to see some of the kids tell each parent that they miss them and to please not leave anymore. As a mother, my heart was breaking for those children. They never asked to have their lives displayed all over the world. Kate also said something about the paparazzi and how they always follow them around. I'm sorry, but she has television cameras and crews following the family around constantly! If anyone is exploiting those children, again in my opinion, it is Jon and Kate.

By watching the season premiere, I have come to the conclusion that Jon and Kate don't want to save their marriage. I feel like, as parents, they should be focusing on their marriage and the well being of their children. Not filming some show. My question is, if Jon and Kate get divorced, can you imagine how much child support he would have to pay? So, what are your thoughts on Jon and Kate?



Photobucket

2 comments:

Devon said...

Honestly, those two make me ill. I used to like to watch them too, but now I want to throw something at the TV. I completely agree with you--the kids are the ones being exploited. It bugs me that they are complaining about the paparazzi when, hello!! THEY are the ones who agreed to have the show and everything that goes with it--including paparazzi. Yeah--serious life re-eval with the babysitter's name thing.

The other thing that just drives me nuts is that quote they kept playing from Jon--"oh, I never get to just be Jon--I'm always Jon and Kate plus 8." I want to slap him. He chose that life! And Kate is always complaning or yelling--which really makes me sick, since she has EIGHT beautiful healthy children. Any one of those kids could have been born with Cerebral Palsy or they all could have been premature and on ventilators. I understand that having that many kids would make you crazy, but she goes beyond, and I just can't stand her.

Ah. Thank you so much! I've been wanting to vent about that and you gave me a chance to do so! LOLOL--thanks!

Rachel Sue said...

I'm with you. The show should honestly be cancelled. I'm disapointed that TLC is trying to capitalize on their troubles. Not surprised, but still disapointed. . .