Friday, May 21, 2010

Dutch Oven Cooking

Growing up in Florida, I have always been more of a beach girl, who doesn't want to get dirty. (I hope that makes sense.) Well, the month of May has shown me some new experiences that I have never had before. Now, Bryce grew up camping out all the time with his grandpa. I, on the other hand, have never camped out before. Unless, a motor home counts. So, a couple of weeks ago, we had our first dutch oven cooking social. I had no clue what a dutch oven was or how you cooked in a dutch oven. What a learning experience this has been! I have been scouring the internet looking for EASY dutch oven recipes that we could possibly cook and not mess up. Well, the first social was such a success that the men wanted to do another one. Seriously, you can make just about anything in a dutch oven. Boy oh boy, the food is soooo good! So, I have gone from a girl who had no clue about dutch ovens to an OK dutch oven cook. We have had so much fun hanging out with all the families in the Elder's Quorum and just learning to coook together. I think that these socials have gone over so well, that we are now going to have one at least once a month. So, if you have any good and easy recipes to share, please let me know!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Heatherlyn said...

Oh, I love dutch oven cooking! Love it!

And I think that camping in an RV counts!!!!