Friday, May 15, 2009

The Kids

I know I haven't posted any new pictures of the kids recently so I thought I would post some and tell y'all what is going on with them. Sorry there are so many pictures. I had 100 pictures on my camera to download! So, needless to say, I didn't put them all in the slide shows.

Oh my Cooper. He is such a mess! He loves playing with Sara, but sometimes Sara doesn't exactly like the way he plays with her. Cooper's favorite things to torture Sara with are his blankets and himself. I cannot tell you how many times I have gone into Cooper's room and he has Sara covered up with his blankets and she is screaming. He also loves to lay on top of her or throw her off his bed. Yes, he is such a loving brother! Now, don't get me wrong. He does have moments where he just wants to give her a kiss or a hug. And he always wants to know where Sara is at if he doesn't see her. When Sara wakes up in the morning or from a nap, 9 times out of 10, Cooper is the first one in there to tell her good morning. Also, Cooper's favorite quote lately is, "No, Cooper do it." He is becoming a very independent little boy. He can take off his own clothes and get himself mostly dressed. Cooper can also put his shoes on by himself. He doesn't always get it on the right foot, but by golly he is determined to do it himself. Cooper can also count to 5 now and knows most of his colors. I just can't believe how he soaks everything in. He is such a sponge! Cooper's latest obsession is the show Monster Jam. He will watch it 10 times a day if I let him. He now has 10 of the monster trucks from the show and he can name all 10 he has. It is so funny to watch him watching the show. When one of his the trucks that he has comes on, he runs to grab it and then calls it by name. Cooper could seriously play with his monster trucks all day! He is all boy!

Can y'all believe that Sara will be 1 next month? I know I can't believe it! It seems just like yesterday that she was born. She is such a happy girl. (Most of the time.) Sara has started taking some steps and can stand by herself for awhile. I think as soon as she builds up her confidence, she will be walking. I think she is just scared of Cooper! Of course, I don't blame her! Sara has 8 teeth now and is learning how to bite. Nice. She is also turning out to be a little bit dramatic. I don't know where she gets it from. Must be from her dad. (Or at least I can pretend.) Sara loves to follow Cooper everywhere he goes! She loves her brother!

Sorry this post is so long, but I just wanted to give an update on what the kids have been doing lately. Hope y'all enjoy the pictures!

5 comments:

Chad and Jaycie said...

Your kids are adorable. It's nice to see what they're up to cuz Sundays aren't enough to get to know all the little things.

CarolAnn said...

So cute. I'm glad you posted these! I love Sara's earrings, I love it when little girls have their ears pierced!

K said...

I just found your blog from over at Venus vs. Mars and I love it! What adorable photos and descriptions of your children to match! I'll be back to read some more :)

Anonymous said...

aaww! cute update! and i remember when my kids turned ONE. it seemed like that was the hardest birthday to accept.... they grow up tooooo fast.

i thought that birthday was hard... til my oldest turned 8. now THAT was tough on a momma's heart.

Vicki Johnson said...

This is a perfect post... you will be so glad you recorded these things. Keep doing it Jodi, I promise you will be rewarded! ♥